Coloring Books make great pottery designs.
Updated: Sep 22, 2020
I find painting ceramics relaxing; however not being a born artist, sometimes I can use a little help in the drawing department. I look to children and adult coloring books for inspiration. If drawing is intimidating, you can still get a beautiful design by requesting carbon paper in your kit.
1. Tape carbon paper onto bisque surface.
2. Tape coloring book page on top of carbon paper.
3. Trace over black lines with a pencil to transfer design onto item.
4. Remove carbon paper and coloring page.
5. Use the lines as a guide to "color" with paint.
6. Paint over transferred lines with black paintbrush or detail bottle.
VOILA...EVERYONE IS AN ARTIST!